Center for ESG Research hiring student researchers
Position: student researcher
Eligibility: students at all levels (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral)
Institution: Center for ESG Research
Work hours: 10-15 hours per week
Remuneration: 5,000-20,000 NTD per month, commensurate with skills and time commitment
Appointment period: now to summer of 2022 (extendable)
Faculty advisors: Chan-Yuan Wong, Ker-hsuan Chien, Kyoung Shin and Pei-Yu Chien
Brief job description
The Center for ESG Research (www.esgnthu.org) is hiring a number of student researchers.
Theme 1: New Flagship Project: ESG in the Supply Chain
This theme seeks to excavate ESG-related data and information in e-commerce marketing, supply chain and labor issues in the retail sector.
Theme 2: Projects under the On-Going Research Teams
For this theme, you will be asked to contribute to our on-going research in one of the following areas:
- Corporate Diversity: value of diversity, inclusion, and leadership in corporate governance
- Marketing Strategy: pricing and product strategies in retail context, customer management relationship, disruption innovation
- Environmental Sustainability: role of civil society organizations in influencing firms’ behavior and government policies; implementation of environmental laws and regulations in different localities
- Value Chain Analysis: labor issues in the IC manufacturing sector; governance of private code of conduct; environmental compliance of small businesses
- Rural development: regions that were ‘left behind’ in economic development, grassroots innovation, national/regional policy framework for (health or economic) resilience
We are particularly interested in how these issues are manifested across different communities, societies, or countries. You will also be given a chance to shape research according to your individual interest in areas relevant to the above topics.
In either theme, as a student researcher, you are expected to carry out a number of research activities, such as:
- Conduct a literature review of relevant scholarly findings and debates.
- Collect, organize and analyze publicly available datasets.
- Identify and conduct in-depth case studies.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with relevant actors.
- Design and conduct surveys.
The Center for ESG Research (www.esgnthu.org) is hiring a number of student researchers.If you are interested, please send your cover letter and résumé or CV to Professor Kyoung Shin (email@example.com), Professor Ker-hsuan Chien (firstname.lastname@example.org), Professor Pei-Yu Chien (email@example.com) and Professor Chan-Yuan Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org). The short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.